My Story Of How I Got Started In Real Estate

Home Page Forums New Member Introductions My Story of How I Got Started in Real Estate

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • In Progress
  • Profile Photo
    Chaz |

Posted 2 Months Ago

3 Posts Total

Howdy Everyone,

I'm excited to join the site and look foreward to expanding my network and meeting with other investors.

The story started back in May of 2015 when my family was concidering having my great grandparents house torn down. The house was desparate need of repairs and had sat abandoned for over 16 years.

Then the idea came to me that maybe I could fix the old house up. I would be doing my grandparents a favor by taking it off their hands and paying all the expenses. Plus I would eventually have my own property that I could live in for half the cost of buying a new house. Not to mention, my monthly expenses would beat the hell out of getting an apartment and pay rent for over $600/mo.

Not knowing anything about houses, carpentry, or real estate I decided to take the plunge and go for it. When you first walk into the house it just had that nasty old mildew smell. The backroom addition that had been built on by my grandfather had a leaking roof for some time. It was the first item I repaired and needless to say later on I realized that I had done it completely wrong.

Pretty much nothing had been updated since the 60's or 70's. It was a complete gut job. The house needed all mechanical systems (electric, plumbing, HVAC) completely re-done. The roof, siding, and windows needed replaced. Just about everything needed replaced. Long story short, I did almost all the work by myself. The rehab was a long process, learning how to do everything as I went. I used personal loans and credit cards to buy materials because the bank wouldn't give me a home equity line of credit in the condition it was in. So I paid little by little as I went for 2-3 years.

During that time not only did I learn about fixing houses up, but I also developed a passion for real estate investing. For over 3 years now I have been reading everything I can get my hands on. I have read hundreds if not thousands of books, articles, ect. trying to learn everything I can. The house taught me a lot about myself and what I wanted out of life. I discovered that when I was in pursuit of my goals and dreams to create a better world everything seemed more clear to me. I am able to work harder, longer, and with more focus than if I were to have a regular J.O.B.

If you want to know more about me like my facebook page and blog “Keyzinn”.
    Thank you all

Chaz Heasley

Keyzinn

Profile Photo
    Corina |

Posted 2 Months Ago

1 Posts Total

Hi Chaz,
    I'm very intrigued by your story. I have a soft spot for old homes as all my rentals are from the Victorian or Edwardian era. I love restoring these old places and keeping them around for future generations. I'm so glad you had the opportunity to get involved and have your life changing moment.

Good luck on the rest of your journey!

Corina Eufinger (CEO)

Brio Properties

Profile Photo
    Chaz |

Posted 2 Months Ago

3 Posts Total

Thank you Corina.

Chaz Heasley

Keyzinn

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Chaz 2 months ago.

You must Login or to reply.